The case required replicating prior art Hot Melt Extrusion tablets and examining the viscosity of solutions obtained when dissolving the tablets in 1 to 10 ml of water.
The Acumen Approach:
Acumen worked with two defendants, using the same team as in the 2013 litigation to provide services that included:
- Manufacturing additional tablets using hot melt extrusion and direct compression.
- Testing the viscosity and syringeability of solutions prepared using both hot melt extrusion tablets and direct compression tablets.
- Demonstrating that the language in the patent regarding viscosity testing was indefinite.
- Supporting claim construction arguments.
- Performing multiple literature searches to complement expert reports.
- Assisting attorneys in preparing trial demonstratives.
- Providing court testimony.
Case was won by Acumen client and a patent was invalidated.